Synonyms for restriction
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. restriction, limitation, rule, regulation
- usage: a principle that limits the extent of something; "I am willing to accept certain restrictions on my movements"
- 2. limitation, restriction, regulation, regulating
- usage: an act of limiting or restricting (as by regulation)
- 3. restriction, confinement, restraint
- usage: the act of keeping something within specified bounds (by force if necessary); "the restriction of the infection to a focal area"