Synonyms for retard
- 1. idiot, imbecile, cretin, moron, changeling, half-wit, retard, simpleton, simple
- usage: a person of subnormal intelligence
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. retard, decelerate, slow down
- usage: cause to move more slowly or operate at a slower rate; "This drug will retard your heart rate"
- 2. retard, be
- usage: be delayed
- 3. check, retard, delay, change, alter, modify
- usage: slow the growth or development of; "The brain damage will retard the child's language development"
- 4. decelerate, slow, slow down, slow up, retard, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: lose velocity; move more slowly; "The car decelerated"