Synonyms for retardation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. deceleration, slowing, retardation, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a decrease in rate of change; "the deceleration of the arms race"
- 2. retardation, delay, hold, time lag, postponement, wait
- usage: the extent to which something is delayed or held back
- 3. retardant, retardent, retardation, agent
- usage: any agent that retards or delays or hinders; "flame-retardant"
- 4. retardation, mental retardation, backwardness, slowness, subnormality, stupidity
- usage: lack of normal development of intellectual capacities
- 5. slowdown, lag, retardation, delay, holdup
- usage: the act of slowing down or falling behind