Synonyms for retracted
- 1. abjure, recant, forswear, retract, resile, disown, renounce, repudiate
- usage: formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; "He retracted his earlier statements about his religion"; "She abjured her beliefs"
- 2. shrink back, retract, flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, shrink, wince, recoil, quail
- usage: pull away from a source of disgust or fear
- 3. retract, pull back, draw back, pull
- usage: use a surgical instrument to hold open (the edges of a wound or an organ)
- 4. draw in, retract, attract, pull, pull in, draw, draw in
- usage: pull inward or towards a center; "The pilot drew in the landing gear"; "The cat retracted his claws"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. retracted, backward (vs. forward)
- usage: drawn back and in; "a cat with retracted claws"