Synonyms for retroflex
- 1. retroflex, replicate, bend, flex
- usage: bend or turn backward
- 2. retroflex, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: articulate (a consonant) with the tongue curled back against the palate; "Indian accents can be characterized by the fact that speakers retroflex their consonants"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. retroflex, retroflexed, backward (vs. forward)
- usage: bent or curved backward
- 2. cacuminal, retroflex, backward (vs. forward)
- usage: pronounced with the tip of the tongue turned back toward the hard palate