Synonyms for revere
- 1. Revere, Paul Revere
- usage: American silversmith remembered for his midnight ride (celebrated in a poem by Longfellow) to warn the colonists in Lexington and Concord that British troops were coming (1735-1818)
- 2. revers, revere, lapel
- usage: a lapel on a woman's garment; turned back to show the reverse side
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. idolize, idolise, worship, hero-worship, revere, adore
- usage: love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol; "Many teenagers idolized the Beatles"
- 2. reverence, fear, revere, venerate, respect, esteem, value, prize, prise
- usage: regard with feelings of respect and reverence; consider hallowed or exalted or be in awe of; "Fear God as your father"; "We venerate genius"