Synonyms for revered
- 1. idolize, idolise, worship, hero-worship, revere, adore
- usage: love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol; "Many teenagers idolized the Beatles"
- 2. reverence, fear, revere, venerate, respect, esteem, value, prize, prise
- usage: regard with feelings of respect and reverence; consider hallowed or exalted or be in awe of; "Fear God as your father"; "We venerate genius"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. august, revered, venerable, honorable (vs. dishonorable), honourable
- usage: profoundly honored; "revered holy men"