Synonyms for reversal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. reversal, change of state
- usage: a change from one state to the opposite state; "there was a reversal of autonomic function"
- 2. reverse, reversal, setback, blow, black eye, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
- 3. reversal, turn around, turning, turn
- usage: turning in an opposite direction or position; "the reversal of the image in the lens"
- 4. reversal, change of mind, flip-flop, turnabout, turnaround, decision making, deciding
- usage: a decision to reverse an earlier decision
- 5. reversal, judgment, judgement, judicial decision
- usage: a judgment by a higher court that the judgment of a lower court was incorrect and should be set aside
- 6. reversion, reverse, reversal, turnabout, turnaround, change of direction, reorientation
- usage: turning in the opposite direction
- 7. transposition, reversal, reordering
- usage: the act of reversing the order or place of
- 8. about-face, volte-face, reversal, policy change, change
- usage: a major change in attitude or principle or point of view; "an about-face on foreign policy"