Synonyms for revolve
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. revolve, go around, rotate, turn
- usage: turn on or around an axis or a center; "The Earth revolves around the Sun"; "The lamb roast rotates on a spit over the fire"
- 2. orb, orbit, revolve, circle, circulate
- usage: move in an orbit; "The moon orbits around the Earth"; "The planets are orbiting the sun"; "electrons orbit the nucleus"
- 3. roll, revolve, move, displace
- usage: cause to move by turning over or in a circular manner of as if on an axis; "She rolled the ball"; "They rolled their eyes at his words"