Synonyms for reward
- 1. wages, reward, payoff, consequence, aftermath
- usage: a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing; "the wages of sin is death"; "virtue is its own reward"
- 2. reward, payment
- usage: payment made in return for a service rendered
- 3. reward, reinforcement, blessing, approval, approving
- usage: an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
- 4. reward, offer, offering
- usage: the offer of money for helping to find a criminal or for returning lost property
- 5. advantage, reward, benefit, welfare
- usage: benefit resulting from some event or action; "it turned out to my advantage"; "reaping the rewards of generosity"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. honor, honour, reward, recognize, recognise
- usage: bestow honor or rewards upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"; "The scout was rewarded for courageous action"
- 2. reinforce, reward, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: strengthen and support with rewards; "Let's reinforce good behavior"
- 3. reward, repay, pay back, act, move
- usage: act or give recompense in recognition of someone's behavior or actions