Synonyms for rigid
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rigid, stiff, inflexible (vs. flexible)
- usage: incapable of or resistant to bending; "a rigid strip of metal"; "a table made of rigid plastic"; "a palace guardsman stiff as a poker"; "stiff hair"; "a stiff neck"
- 2. rigid, strict, intolerant (vs. tolerant)
- usage: incapable of compromise or flexibility
- 3. inflexible, rigid, unbending, unadaptable (vs. adaptable)
- usage: incapable of adapting or changing to meet circumstances; "a rigid disciplinarian"; "an inflexible law"; "an unbending will to dominate"
- 4. rigid (vs. nonrigid), semirigid
- usage: designating an airship or dirigible having a form maintained by a stiff unyielding frame or structure
- 5. fixed, set, rigid, nonmoving (vs. moving), unmoving
- usage: fixed and unmoving; "with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"; "his bearded face already has a set hollow look"- Connor Cruise O'Brien; "a face rigid with pain"
See also: rigid (Dictionary)