Synonyms for rigor
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. asperity, grimness, hardship, rigor, rigour, severity, severeness, rigorousness, rigourousness, difficulty, difficultness
- usage: something hard to endure; "the asperity of northern winters"
- 2. cogency, validity, rigor, rigour, credibility, credibleness, believability
- usage: the quality of being valid and rigorous
- 3. severity, severeness, harshness, rigor, rigour, rigorousness, rigourousness, inclemency, hardness, stiffness, sternness, strictness
- usage: excessive sternness; "severity of character"; "the harshness of his punishment was inhuman"; "the rigors of boot camp"
See also: rigor (Dictionary)