Synonyms for ringer
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. toller, bell ringer, ringer, signaler, signaller
- usage: a person who rings church bells (as for summoning the congregation)
- 2. ringer, dead ringer, clone, double, image, look-alike
- usage: a person who is almost identical to another
- 3. ringer, imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, fraud, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player
- usage: a contestant entered in a competition under false pretenses
- 4. ringer, throw
- usage: (horseshoes) the successful throw of a horseshoe or quoit so as to encircle a stake or peg