Synonyms for ripening
- 1. maturation, ripening, maturement, organic process, biological process
- usage: coming to full development; becoming mature
- 2. ripening, aging, ageing, organic process, biological process
- usage: acquiring desirable qualities by being left undisturbed for some time
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. ripen, mature, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to ripen or develop fully; "The sun ripens the fruit"; "Age matures a good wine"
- 2. ripen, mature, maturate, grow
- usage: grow ripe; "The plums ripen in July"