Synonyms for riposte
- 1. rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback, counter, reply, response
- usage: a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
- 2. riposte, counterattack, countermove
- usage: (fencing) a counterattack made immediately after successfully parrying the opponents lunge
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. riposte, lunge, hurl, hurtle, thrust
- usage: make a return thrust; "his opponent riposted"
- 2. retort, come back, repay, return, riposte, rejoin, answer, reply, respond
- usage: answer back