Synonyms for rival
- 1. rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender, contestant
- usage: the contestant you hope to defeat; "he had respect for his rivals"; "he wanted to know what the competition was doing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. equal, touch, rival, match, compete, vie, contend
- usage: be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
- 2. rival, compete, vie, contend
- usage: be the rival of, be in competition with; "we are rivaling for first place in the race"
See also: rival (Dictionary)