Synonyms for roiling
- 1. churn, boil, moil, roil, move
- usage: be agitated; "the sea was churning in the storm"
- 2. roil, rile, agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up
- usage: make turbid by stirring up the sediments of
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. churning, roiling, roiled, roily, turbulent, agitated (vs. unagitated)
- usage: (of a liquid) agitated vigorously; in a state of turbulence; "the river's roiling current"; "turbulent rapids"