Synonyms for rook
- 1. castle, rook, chessman, chess piece
- usage: (chess) the piece that can move any number of unoccupied squares in a direction parallel to the sides of the chessboard
- 2. rook, Corvus frugilegus, corvine bird
- usage: common gregarious Old World bird about the size and color of the American crow
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
See also: rook (Dictionary)