Synonyms for round
- 1. round, unit of ammunition, one shot, ammunition, ammo
- usage: a charge of ammunition for a single shot
- 2. cycle, rhythm, round, time interval, interval
- usage: an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs; "the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
- 3. beat, round, path, route, itinerary
- usage: a regular route for a sentry or policeman; "in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name"
- 4. round, call
- usage: (often plural) a series of professional calls (usually in a set order); "the doctor goes on his rounds first thing every morning"; "the postman's rounds"; "we enjoyed our round of the local bars"
- 5. round of golf, round, golf, golf game
- usage: the activity of playing 18 holes of golf; "a round of golf takes about 4 hours"
- 6. round, daily round, habitude
- usage: the usual activities in your day; "the doctor made his rounds"
- 7. turn, bout, round, part, section, division
- usage: (sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive
- 8. round, path, track, course
- usage: the course along which communications spread; "the story is going the rounds in Washington"
- 9. round, round of drinks, helping, portion, serving
- usage: a serving to each of a group (usually alcoholic); "he ordered a second round"
- 10. round, cut of beef
- usage: a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg
- 11. round, troll, partsong
- usage: a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time; "they enjoyed singing rounds"
- 12. round, applause, hand clapping, clapping
- usage: an outburst of applause; "there was a round of applause"
- 13. rung, round, stave, crosspiece
- usage: a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
- 14. circle, round, rotating mechanism
- usage: any circular or rotating mechanism; "the machine punched out metal circles"
- 1. round, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: wind around; move along a circular course; "round the bend"
- 2. round, round out, round off, shape, form
- usage: make round; "round the edges"
- 3. round, labialize, labialise, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: pronounce with rounded lips
- 4. attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
- 5. polish, round, round off, polish up, brush up, perfect, hone
- usage: bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state; "polish your social manners"
- 6. round off, round down, round out, round, change, alter, modify
- usage: express as a round number; "round off the amount"
- 7. round, flesh out, fill out, gain, put on
- usage: become round, plump, or shapely; "The young woman is fleshing out"
- 1. round (vs. square), circular, apple-shaped, ball-shaped, global, globose, globular, orbicular, spheric, spherical, barrel-shaped, bulblike, bulbous, bulb-shaped, capitate, coccoid, cumuliform, discoid, discoidal, disklike, disclike, disk-shaped, disc-shaped, goblet-shaped, moonlike, moon-round, nutlike, pancake-like, pear-shaped, pinwheel-shaped, ringlike, roundish, wheel-like, rounded
- usage: having a circular shape
- 2. orotund, rotund, round, pear-shaped, full (vs. thin)
- usage: (of sounds) full and rich; "orotund tones"; "the rotund and reverberating phrase"; "pear-shaped vowels"
- 3. round, inexact (vs. exact)
- usage: (mathematics) expressed to the nearest integer, ten, hundred, or thousand; "in round numbers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. round, around
- usage: from beginning to end; throughout; "It rains all year round on Skye"; "frigid weather the year around"
See also: round (Dictionary)