Synonyms for rounded
- 1. round, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: wind around; move along a circular course; "round the bend"
- 2. round, round out, round off, shape, form
- usage: make round; "round the edges"
- 3. round, labialize, labialise, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: pronounce with rounded lips
- 4. attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
- 5. polish, round, round off, polish up, brush up, perfect, hone
- usage: bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state; "polish your social manners"
- 6. round off, round down, round out, round, change, alter, modify
- usage: express as a round number; "round off the amount"
- 7. round, flesh out, fill out, gain, put on
- usage: become round, plump, or shapely; "The young woman is fleshing out"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rounded (vs. angular), allantoid, sausage-shaped, almond-shaped, amygdaliform, amygdaloid, amygdaloidal, annular, annulate, annulated, circinate, ringed, ring-shaped, doughnut-shaped, aspheric, aspherical, auriform, ear-shaped, ear-like, bean-shaped, bowfront, crescent(prenominal), crescent-shaped, semilunar, lunate, cycloid, cycloidal, cylindrical, cylindric, disciform, domed, vaulted, dome-shaped, egg-shaped, elliptic, elliptical, oval, oval-shaped, ovate, oviform, ovoid, prolate, ellipsoid, ellipsoidal, spheroidal, hyperboloidal, lingulate, tongue-shaped, olivelike, olive-like, parabolic, parabolical, paraboloidal, pillar-shaped, pineal, plumlike, rod-shaped, rodlike, rotund, terete, umbrellalike, coiled, fat, oblate#1, pumpkin-shaped, prolate#1, watermelon-shaped, round#1, circular
- usage: curving and somewhat round in shape rather than jagged; "low rounded hills"; "rounded shoulders"