Synonyms for rousing
- 1. arousal, rousing, change of state
- usage: the act of arousing; "the purpose of art is the arousal of emotions"
- 1. bestir, rouse, be active, move
- usage: become active; "He finally bestirred himself"
- 2. rout out, drive out, force out, rouse, move, displace
- usage: force or drive out; "The police routed them out of bed at 2 A.M."
- 3. agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, excite, charge up, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- 4. awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake up, arouse, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rousing, stirring, stimulating (vs. unstimulating)
- usage: capable of arousing enthusiasm or excitement; "a rousing sermon"; "stirring events such as wars and rescues"
- 2. rousing, provocative (vs. unprovocative)
- usage: rousing to activity or heightened action as by spurring or goading; "tossed a rousing political comment into the conversation"