Synonyms for rubber
- 1. rubber, natural rubber, India rubber, gum elastic, caoutchouc, latex
- usage: an elastic material obtained from the latex sap of trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus) that can be vulcanized and finished into a variety of products
- 2. rubber, synthetic rubber, synthetic, synthetic substance
- usage: any of various synthetic elastic materials whose properties resemble natural rubber
- 3. rubber eraser, rubber, pencil eraser, eraser
- usage: an eraser made of rubber (or of a synthetic material with properties similar to rubber); commonly mounted at one end of a pencil
- 4. condom, rubber, safety, safe, prophylactic, contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device
- usage: contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
- 5. arctic, galosh, golosh, rubber, gumshoe, overshoe
- usage: a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow
- 1. rubberize, rubberise, rubber, coat, surface
- usage: coat or impregnate with rubber; "rubberize fabric for rain coats"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rubber, no-good, bad (vs. good)
- usage: returned for lack of funds; "a rubber check"; "a no-good check"