Synonyms for rumination
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. contemplation, reflection, reflexion, rumination, musing, thoughtfulness, consideration
- usage: a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
- 2. rumination, chew, chewing, mastication, manduction
- usage: (of ruminants) chewing (the cud); "ruminants have remarkable powers of rumination"
- 3. rumination, vomit, vomiting, emesis, regurgitation, disgorgement, puking
- usage: regurgitation of small amounts of food; seen in some infants after feeding