Synonyms for run-down
- 1. summation, summing up, rundown, summary, sum-up
- usage: a concluding summary (as in presenting a case before a law court)
- 1. run down, check out, pursue, follow up on, act on
- usage: trace; "We are running down a few tips"
- 2. run down, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: move downward; "The water ran down"
- 3. run down, run over, injure, wound
- usage: injure or kill by running over, as with a vehicle
- 4. poop out, peter out, run down, run out, conk out, tire, pall, weary, fatigue, jade
- usage: use up all one's strength and energy and stop working; "At the end of the march, I pooped out"
- 5. scan, skim, rake, glance over, run down, examine, see
- usage: examine hastily; "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
- 6. run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- 7. run down, chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track
- usage: pursue until captured; "They ran down the fugitive"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. creaky, decrepit, derelict, flea-bitten, run-down, woebegone, worn (vs. new)
- usage: worn and broken down by hard use; "a creaky shack"; "a decrepit bus...its seats held together with friction tape"; "a flea-bitten sofa"; "a run-down neighborhood"; "a woebegone old shack"
- 2. run-down, malfunctioning (vs. functioning), nonfunctional
- usage: having the spring unwound; "a run-down watch"