Synonyms for run-into
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. run into, encounter, be
- usage: be beset by; "The project ran into numerous financial difficulties"
- 2. run into, bump into, jar against, butt against, knock against, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: collide violently with an obstacle; "I ran into the telephone pole"
- 3. hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with, touch
- usage: hit against; come into sudden contact with; "The car hit a tree"; "He struck the table with his elbow"
- 4. meet, run into, encounter, run across, come across, see
- usage: come together; "I'll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"