Synonyms for run-up
- 1. runup, run-up, increase
- usage: a substantial increase over a relatively short period of time; "a runup in interest rates"; "market runups are followed by corrections"
- 2. run-up, approach, approaching, coming
- usage: the approach run during which an athlete gathers speed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. run up, roll up, collect, accumulate, pile up, amass, compile, hoard
- usage: pile up (debts or scores)
- 2. hoist, run up, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: raise; "hoist the flags"; "hoist a sail"
- 3. sew, run up, sew together, stitch, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten by sewing; do needlework
- 4. chalk up, run up, owe
- usage: accumulate as a debt; "he chalked up $100 in the course of the evening"
- 5. run up, sew, tailor, tailor-make
- usage: make by sewing together quickly; "run up a skirt"