Synonyms for rushing
- 1. rush, rushing, run, running, running play, running game
- usage: (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running into the line; "the linebackers were ready to stop a rush"
- 2. haste, hurry, rush, rushing, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner; "in his haste to leave he forgot his book"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- 2. rush, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: attack suddenly
- 3. rush, hurry, urge, urge on, press, exhort
- usage: urge to an unnatural speed; "Don't rush me, please!"
- 4. rush, hasten, hurry, look sharp, festinate, act, move
- usage: act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry--it's late!"
- 5. rush, run
- usage: run with the ball, in football
- 6. race, rush, move, displace
- usage: cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
- 7. induce, stimulate, rush, hasten, effect, effectuate, set up
- usage: cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"