Synonyms for rustling
- 1. rustling, larceny, theft, thievery, thieving, stealing
- usage: the stealing of cattle
- 2. rustle, rustling, whisper, whispering, noise
- usage: a light noise, like the noise of silk clothing or leaves blowing in the wind
- 1. rustle, sound, go
- usage: make a dry crackling sound; "rustling silk"; "the dry leaves were rustling in the breeze"
- 2. rustle, lift, steal
- usage: take illegally; "rustle cattle"
- 3. rustle, scrounge, forage
- usage: forage food
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. murmurous, rustling, soughing, susurrous, soft (vs. loud)
- usage: characterized by soft sounds; "a murmurous brook"; "a soughing wind in the pines"; "a slow sad susurrous rustle like the wind fingering the pines"- R.P.Warren