Synonyms for rut
- 1. rut, groove, channel
- usage: a groove or furrow (especially one in soft earth caused by wheels)
- 2. rut, groove, routine, modus operandi
- usage: a settled and monotonous routine that is hard to escape; "they fell into a conversational rut"
- 3. estrus, oestrus, heat, rut, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rut, be
- usage: be in a state of sexual excitement; of male mammals
- 2. furrow, rut, groove, dig, delve, cut into, turn over
- usage: hollow out in the form of a furrow or groove; "furrow soil"
See also: rut (Dictionary)