Synonyms for ruth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. Ruth, Babe Ruth, George Herman Ruth, Sultan of Swat
- usage: United States professional baseball player famous for hitting home runs (1895-1948)
- 2. Ruth
- usage: the great-grandmother of king David whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament
- 3. commiseration, pity, ruth, pathos, sympathy, fellow feeling
- usage: a feeling of sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others; "the blind are too often objects of pity"
- 4. Ruth, Book of Ruth
- usage: a book of the Old Testament that tells the story of Ruth who was not an Israelite but who married an Israelite and who stayed with her mother-in-law Naomi after her husband died
See also: ruth (Dictionary)