Synonyms for safe
- 1. safe, strongbox, deedbox
- usage: strongbox where valuables can be kept safe
- 2. safe, cupboard, closet
- usage: a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
- 3. condom, rubber, safety, safe, prophylactic, contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device
- usage: contraceptive device consisting of a thin rubber or latex sheath worn over the penis during intercourse
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. safe (vs. dangerous), fail-safe, harmless, innocuous, off the hook(predicate), risk-free, riskless, unhazardous, safe and sound, unhurt, harmless, invulnerable, secure, uninjured
- usage: free from danger or the risk of harm; "a safe trip"; "you will be safe here"; "a safe place"; "a safe bet"
- 2. safe, unadventurous (vs. adventurous)
- usage: of an undertaking
- 3. safe(predicate) (vs. out)
- usage: having reached a base without being put out; "the runner was called safe when the baseman dropped the ball"
- 4. dependable, good, safe, secure, sound (vs. unsound)
- usage: financially sound; "a good investment"; "a secure investment"
- 5. safe, secure (vs. insecure)
- usage: in safekeeping; "your secret is safe with me"
See also: safe (Dictionary)