Synonyms for shit
- 1. crap, dirt, shit, shite, poop, turd, fecal matter, faecal matter, feces, faeces, BM, stool, ordure, dejection
- usage: obscene terms for feces
- 2. bullshit, bull, Irish bull, horseshit, shit, crap, dogshit, bunk, bunkum, buncombe, guff, rot, hogwash
- usage: obscene words for unacceptable behavior; "I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk"; "what he said was mostly bull"
- 3. jack, doodly-squat, diddly-squat, diddlysquat, diddly-shit, diddlyshit, diddly, diddley, squat, shit, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small worthless amount; "you don't know jack"
- 4. shit, dump, defecation, laxation, shitting
- usage: a coarse term for defecation; "he took a shit"
- 5. asshole, bastard, cocksucker, dickhead, shit, mother fucker, motherfucker, prick, whoreson, son of a bitch, SOB, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
- 6. damn, darn, hoot, red cent, shit, shucks, tinker's damn, tinker's dam, worthlessness, ineptitude
- usage: something of little value; "his promise is not worth a damn"; "not worth one red cent"; "not worth shucks"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag, inform
- usage: give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
- 2. stool, defecate, shit, take a shit, take a crap, ca-ca, crap, make, excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
- usage: have a bowel movement; "The dog had made in the flower beds"
See also: shit (Dictionary)