Synonyms for shout
- 1. cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition; "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. shout, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter in a loud voice; talk in a loud voice (usually denoting characteristic manner of speaking); "My grandmother is hard of hearing--you'll have to shout"
- 2. shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- 3. exclaim, cry, cry out, outcry, call out, shout, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy; "`I won!' he exclaimed"; "`Help!' she cried"; "`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
- 4. abuse, clapperclaw, blackguard, shout, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: use foul or abusive language towards; "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket"; "The angry mother shouted at the teacher"
See also: shout (Dictionary)