Synonyms for shtick
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. shtik, shtick, schtik, schtick, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: (Yiddish) a little; a piece; "give him a shtik cake"; "he's a shtik crazy"; "he played a shtik Beethoven"
- 2. shtik, schtik, shtick, schtick, business, stage business, byplay
- usage: (Yiddish) a contrived and often used bit of business that a performer uses to steal attention; "play it straight with no shtik"
- 3. shtik, schtik, shtick, schtick, buffoonery, clowning, japery, frivolity, harlequinade, prank
- usage: (Yiddish) a prank or piece of clowning; "his shtik made us laugh"
- 4. shtik, schtik, shtick, schtick, trick, fast one
- usage: (Yiddish) a devious trick; a bit of cheating; "how did you ever fall for a shtik like that?"