Synonyms for sift
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. sift, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move as if through a sieve; "The soldiers sifted through the woods"
- 2. sift, sieve, strain, separate
- usage: separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements; "sift the flour"
- 3. sieve, sift, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: check and sort carefully; "sift the information"
- 4. sieve, sift, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: distinguish and separate out; "sift through the job candidates"