Synonyms for sloth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. sloth, slothfulness, reluctance, hesitancy, hesitation, disinclination, indisposition
- usage: a disinclination to work or exert yourself
- 2. sloth, tree sloth, edentate
- usage: any of several slow-moving arboreal mammals of South America and Central America; they hang from branches back downward and feed on leaves and fruits
- 3. sloth, laziness, acedia, mortal sin, deadly sin
- usage: apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins)
See also: sloth (Dictionary)