Synonyms for synchronic
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. synchronous (vs. asynchronous), synchronal, synchronic, coetaneous, coeval, contemporaneous, coexistent, coexisting, coincident, coincidental, coinciding, concurrent, cooccurring, simultaneous, parallel, synchronic, synchronized, synchronised, contemporaneous, contemporary, synchronic#2, descriptive
- usage: occurring or existing at the same time or having the same period or phase; "recovery was synchronous with therapy"- Jour.A.M.A.; "a synchronous set of clocks"; "the synchronous action of a bird's wings in flight"; "synchronous oscillations"
- 2. synchronic (vs. diachronic), descriptive, synchronous#1, synchronal#1, synchronic
- usage: concerned with phenomena (especially language) at a particular period without considering historical antecedents; "synchronic linguistics"; "descriptive linguistics"
- 3. synchronic, synchronous (vs. asynchronous), synchronal, synchronic
- usage: (of taxa) occurring in the same period of geological time