Synonyms for tajik
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. Tajik, Tadzhik, Asian, Asiatic
- usage: a native or inhabitant of Tajikistan and neighboring areas of Uzbekistan and Afghanistan and China
- 2. Tajikistan, Republic of Tajikistan, Tadzhikistan, Tadzhik, Tadjik, Tajik
- usage: a landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia to the north of Afghanistan; formerly an Asian soviet
- 3. Tajik, Tadzhik, ethnic group, ethnos
- usage: an ethnic group (mostly Moslem) living in Tajikistan and neighboring areas of Uzbekistan and Afghanistan and China
- 4. Tajiki, Tajik, Tadzhik, Iranian, Iranian language
- usage: the Iranian language of the Tajik that is closely related to Farsi; spoken in Iran and Tajikistan
See also: tajik (Dictionary)