Synonyms for transformation
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. transformation, transmutation, shift, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a qualitative change
- 2. transformation, function, mathematical function
- usage: (mathematics) a function that changes the position or direction of the axes of a coordinate system
- 3. transformation, grammatical rule, rule of grammar
- usage: a rule describing the conversion of one syntactic structure into another related syntactic structure
- 4. transformation, change of integrity
- usage: (genetics) modification of a cell or bacterium by the uptake and incorporation of exogenous DNA
- 5. transformation, translation, change of integrity
- usage: the act of changing in form or shape or appearance; "a photograph is a translation of a scene onto a two-dimensional surface"