Synonyms for transplant
- 1. graft, transplant, animal tissue
- usage: (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient; in some cases the patient can be both donor and recipient
- 2. transplant, transplantation, organ transplant, operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process
- usage: an operation moving an organ from one organism (the donor) to another (the recipient); "he had a kidney transplant"; "the long-term results of cardiac transplantation are now excellent"; "a child had a multiple organ transplant two months ago"
- 3. transplant, transplantation, transplanting, movement
- usage: the act of removing something from one location and introducing it in another location; "the transplant did not flower until the second year"; "too frequent transplanting is not good for families"; "she returned to Alabama because she could not bear transplantation"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. transplant, transfer, displace
- usage: lift and reset in another soil or situation; "Transplant the young rice plants"
- 2. transplant, be
- usage: be transplantable; "These delicate plants do not transplant easily"
- 3. transplant, graft, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: place the organ of a donor into the body of a recipient
- 4. transfer, transpose, transplant, shift
- usage: transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"