Synonyms for transplant
- 1. graft, transplant, animal tissue
- usage: (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient; in some cases the patient can be both donor and recipient
- 2. transplant, transplantation, organ transplant, operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process
- usage: an operation moving an organ from one organism (the donor) to another (the recipient); "he had a kidney transplant"
- 3. transplant, transplanting, transplantation, movement
- usage: the act of uprooting and moving a plant to a new location; "the transplant was successful"; "too frequent transplanting is not good for plants"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. transplant, transfer, displace, force out
- usage: lift and reset in another soil or situation; "Transplant the young rice plants"
- 2. transplant, be
- usage: be transplantable; "These delicate plants do not transplant easily"
- 3. transplant, graft, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: place athe organ of a donor into the body of a recipient
- 4. transfer, transpose, transplant, shift
- usage: transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"