Synonyms for tree
- 1. tree, woody plant, ligneous plant
- usage: a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms
- 2. tree, tree diagram, plane figure, two-dimensional figure
- usage: a figure that branches from a single root; "genealogical tree"
- 3. Tree, Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree
- usage: English actor and theatrical producer noted for his lavish productions of Shakespeare (1853-1917)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. corner, tree, steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise
- usage: force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
- 2. tree, plant, set
- usage: plant with trees; "this lot should be treed so that the house will be shaded in summer"
- 3. tree, chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track
- usage: chase an animal up a tree; "the hunters treed the bear with dogs and killed it"; "her dog likes to tree squirrels"
- 4. tree, shoetree, elongate, stretch
- usage: stretch (a shoe) on a shoetree