Synonyms for tree
- 1. tree, woody plant, ligneous plant
- usage: a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms
- 2. tree, tree diagram, plane figure, two-dimensional figure
- usage: a figure that branches from a single root; "genealogical tree"
- 3. Tree, Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree, actor, histrion, player, thespian, role player, theatrical producer
- usage: English actor and theatrical producer noted for his lavish productions of Shakespeare (1853-1917)
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. tree, hunt, run, hunt down, track down
- usage: chase a bear up a tree with dogs and kill it
See also: tree (Dictionary)