Synonyms for trumpet
- 1. cornet, horn, trumpet, trump, brass, brass instrument
- usage: a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. trumpet, proclaim, exclaim, promulgate
- usage: proclaim on, or as if on, a trumpet; "Liberals like to trumpet their opposition to the death penalty"
- 2. trumpet, play
- usage: play or blow on the trumpet
- 3. trumpet, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter in trumpet-like sounds; "Elephants are trumpeting"