Synonyms for tumid
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. bombastic, declamatory, large, orotund, tumid, turgid, rhetorical (vs. unrhetorical)
- usage: ostentatiously lofty in style; "a man given to large talk"; "tumid political prose"
- 2. bloated, distended, puffed, puffy, swollen, tumescent, tumid, turgid, unhealthy (vs. healthy)
- usage: abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas; "hungry children with bloated stomachs"; "he had a grossly distended stomach"; "eyes with puffed (or puffy) lids"; "swollen hands"; "tumescent tissue"; "puffy tumid flesh"
- 3. erect, tumid, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: of sexual organs; stiff and rigid
See also: tumid (Dictionary)