Synonyms for vacuum
- 1. vacuum, vacuity, emptiness
- usage: the absence of matter
- 2. void, vacancy, emptiness, vacuum, space
- usage: an empty area or space; "the huge desert voids"; "the emptiness of outer space"; "without their support he'll be ruling in a vacuum"
- 3. vacuum, vacuity, region, part
- usage: a region that is devoid of matter
- 4. vacuum, vacuum cleaner, home appliance, household appliance
- usage: an electrical home appliance that cleans by suction
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. vacuum, vacuum-clean, hoover, clean, make clean
- usage: clean with a vacuum cleaner; "vacuum the carpets"