Synonyms for vegetation
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. vegetation, flora, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: all the plant life in a particular region
- 2. vegetation, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: the process of growth in plants
- 3. vegetation, excrescence
- usage: an abnormal growth or excrescence (especially a warty excrescence on the valves of the heart)
- 4. vegetation, quiescence, quiescency, dormancy, sleeping
- usage: inactivity that is passive and monotonous, comparable to the inactivity of plant life; "their holiday was spent in sleep and vegetation"