Synonyms for verse
- 1. poetry, poesy, verse, writing style, literary genre, genre
- usage: literature in metrical form
- 2. verse, rhyme, poem, verse form
- usage: a piece of poetry
- 3. verse, verse line, line
- usage: a line of metrical text
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. verse, versify, poetize, poetise, write, compose, pen, indite
- usage: compose verses or put into verse; "He versified the ancient saga"
- 2. verse, familiarize, familiarise, acquaint
- usage: familiarize through thorough study or experience; "She versed herself in Roman archeology"
See also: verse (Dictionary)