Synonyms for zap
- 1. zap, event
- usage: a sudden event that imparts energy or excitement, usually with a dramatic impact; "they gave it another zap of radiation"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. zap, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: strike suddenly and with force; "This show zaps the viewers with some shocking scenes"
- 2. zap, vaporize, kill
- usage: kill with or as if with a burst of gunfire or electric current or as if by shooting; "in this computer game, space travellers are vaporized by aliens"
- 3. nuke, atomize, atomise, zap, bombard, bomb
- usage: strike at with firepower or bombs; "zap the enemy"
- 4. microwave, micro-cook, zap, nuke, cook
- usage: cook or heat in a microwave oven; "You can microwave the leftovers"
See also: zap (Dictionary)